Walking on the sand for hours, ignoring the remaining distance to go and the only company of a quiet giant of six feet and Mohican haircut can be a morbid monotony. I had arrived at the agreed time, with a book under his arm and a pen in his pocket. The sky was kept warm and the sun barely crept. But at noon we continued along the cliff. The sea was uniform along the wall and had lost all distinctive feature. I could not even know exactly how long we had been walking, then I had seized the giant clock as soon as I saw appear among surfers. He was very thirst, had reached a point where I simply shuffling, barely lifting and the sun, loud and clear in the center of heaven, I caused a growing headache. Despite my constant complaints, only received an answer from my mysterious companion, always ahead of me, and not even turning his head to answer me.
-Be patient.
When thirst, sore feet and head hit by the sun have become almost a habit, a small gap in the rock, after miles of cliff uniform can be an extraordinary revelation and exciting. I would not even noticed the small hole if not for the giant stopped for the first time all morning, and pointed with his finger. At first the crack was almost imperceptible, and could pass for a casual darkening of the rocks. Had to look very well for them. And it was necessary to have much faith to believe that a man could be crossed.
"From this moment you have an hour. Have your watch.
"One moment. It is impossible to enter. It is too narrow.
"Try not very difficult.
"I can get caught.
-Yourself. If you want, we leave. Moody
while growled and swore, I fit into the tiny hole and tried to pass. For a moment I seemed to be jammed down my chest for the rocks, but after a desperate effort I managed to fall into a larger space.
The light coming through the crack. Was inside the rock. It smelled musty and the echo transformed each of my steps in dozens more. I followed a narrow natural corridor and once at the bottom, right, I could make the rungs of a ladder ascending stone, very short and sloping. There was no other way out, so I started uploading them leaning on the wall convex shapes descalabrarĂan me if bumped.
After several minutes, I started to get scared. I had to find and in a very high relative to the crack through which he had entered, and the light had gone off until I was almost dark. While climbing, ensuring strong foot in the tiny steps, I could not understand how he was so naive, and why I had so easily in the hands of those types that such a moment could make me what I wanted. But my claustrophobia sent when I noticed that the stairs began to reflect light rays thin gradually became thicker. I can never
transmit the current of emotion that swept over me once on top, when I reached the entrance of the light coming from, so I will just describe as accurately as possible what appeared before me. First, the blue sky was occupied by all, and under the sea was quiet and caressed by a gentle wind. I approached the broken rock, which gave birth to the rest of the site and surroundings. The irregularity of outline indicating it had been opened as a result of natural evolution, or perhaps for those works already undertaken decades ago that I had spoken to the director of the guardians of the temple. I ducked because I felt dizzy, but in the sand many feet away, I spotted the giant figure of the Mohicans, sitting and facing the sea, very small from where I was.
Then I noticed the ground. From the moment you enter, my shoes were no longer touch the stone steps. All surface, a thin layer of sand was completely covered with bay leaves, which rose to the slightest movement. In fact, the air was perfumed with the laurel and the fresh and salt from the sea. It would have been a great pleasure to sit on the mantle of leaves and watch the sea from there, or close your eyes and go slowly falling asleep with the murmur of the sea and sheltered by the south wind.
I forced myself to think about what really was there. Although I saw it from the beginning, I'd been to be reserved for the end the feeling of having before me, finally, what I was looking for so many years. In the center of this room was a stone pulpit, facing the sea and surrounded by Doric columns that were born on the floor and the capitals of which seemed to naturally adhere to the rocky ceiling. I looked at my watch. He had already spent a quarter of an hour.
I got on the pulpit. In front of me had a glass screen covering a papyrus deployed and imposing, almost a meter wide and half as long. Was filled circles very small, each with a color and a musical note in classical Greek writing-sometimes two or even three-contained within. The circles communicated with each other, and were joined by straight lines of blue. In short, the picture was much more simple than I imagined countless times.
In fact, I understood the mechanism easily. Disappeared instantly any kind of fear that might have saved on my ability to decipher the scroll, despite my mastery of classical musical forms. Then fell in a trance from which I recovered three quarters of an hour later, when the time had completed and my notebook was full of notes. Before leaving the temple I last looked at the papyrus, and had not ceased to remember when returning by plane to Barcelona, \u200b\u200bexcited and anxious to get down to work.
had reviewed only a small part of the circumference of the papyrus. To use, simply start at one and make an arbitrary path for the rest, along the lines of the two companies, one after another. So is getting a tune. Instead, look for something more complex, you could follow a sequence of circles and then start a new one located beyond other circles. In this case the result would be a chorus to the bridge, ie ascending notes that culminate in the climax (the chorus) in a natural and balanced, or perhaps two melodies are linked. Although these differences did not matter too much. After all, everything could be reduced to the pleasure of the extraction of beauty.
During the return trip not only thought of the great record at hand, but figured again and again possessed the papyrus, which could have him forever, enjoy the music of the gods to lose reason, and then transcribe it in the form of pop songs that would become known to the world.
0 comments:
Post a Comment