Paul McCartney said in 1966 that God Only Knows composed by Brian Wilson, leader of the Beach Boys, was the best song I had ever written. And even at the hands of Alejandro Navas I had mistaken for a song of worship to Satan, the truth is that this was a change in our relationship. Alexander did not take long to teach his extensive record collection. As I was a fanatic fan of pop music, which he did not communicate us to pass at all to maintain long conversations about music and art. I stopped eating out every night and arrived at the flat when he knew that Alexander would be preparing their food. Then we sat in the dining room and listened to records from the stereo in your room. As I gathered, he studied classical literature for several years.
I have never had the concentration needed to study more than two subjects per course. But I would like to end this year.
I also discussed his work as a musician. He played in a bar every weekend.
"I have a group with friends. We are dedicated to interpreting pop classics, especially the most unknown. I'll take care of the keyboard.
However, he never acted or tell me where I was invited to go see them someday. Evasive or abruptly changed the subject.
- What you never thought of composing?
When asked this question, stared at the floor and smoothed her hair with her fingers.
"I would, but I realize I have no talent. Especially irritates me know I have good taste, that is, I like what is good, I know appreciate. But I have the secret to writing good songs. I think there's something magical about a song that manages to thrill. I have studied countless times the structure of the songs that I like, I tried to break them down, I have carefully studied the melody. But it is impossible, an unattainable goal for me.
One night I got to hear some songs he had recorded. Although the sound was more controlled than when rehearsing with the keyboard in her room was only occasionally couplings, "despite the inability of music and all the kits, I saw clearly the songs that Alejandro was shaping . Indeed, as he himself admitted, were mediocre compositions, without claw, trying to follow the melodic wake of Brian Wilson and remained in simple caricatures. But I would not be cruel:
"Well, not that bad.
Our relationship had improved, but that did not stop sometimes appear quite unpleasant facets of Alexander. Did not discriminate when to display these character traits. I mean, even for a couple of hours we had been talking in a friendly on the talent of Elvis Costello or underrated groups of the eighties, was able to offend me immediately with a resounding and judgmental view:
- Do you like Robert Musil ? Yes, it's okay if you do not have too much personality and believe everything that is told in the books of criticism.
These situations occurred when I started to appreciate him or when I had forgotten in other words the same style, but of days ago. I never liked to discuss, so when this occurred, interrupted the conversation, I got up off the couch and go to bed, promising myself not to give Alexander more confidence and limit the relationship to what is strictly necessary. I soon forgot my purposes when the next day, and perhaps moved by bad conscience, Alejandro disc left me "I sure would like it" or I intended to watch a movie at night, when he returned to test their group.
Anyway, I think I started to understand him from one night, two months after my entry into the floor. I went with some friends the option to have a drink. One of them spoke of a nightclub where there was action in the Gothic Quarter. That was our next destination. The bar was in a narrow alley and the smell of urine. When we entered, the action had begun. A fat man, bald, gray beard jokes without much grace to an audience rather laughed at him. And behind a keyboard, by sound effects and music that accompanied the end of all jokes, always punctuated with "Go home!" Or the whistling of the spectators, I discovered Alejandro Navas . He tried not to cross your eyes with me throughout the performance.
For a few days it seemed as if we had gone back to the beginning when we did not speak. But gradually I noticed an effort on their part to get back in touch with me, and then we were again talking all night. However, he never referred to that meeting, and I never asked. I realized that his personality was a complex mix of dissatisfaction and a desire thwarted talent. CONTINUE
I have never had the concentration needed to study more than two subjects per course. But I would like to end this year.
I also discussed his work as a musician. He played in a bar every weekend.
"I have a group with friends. We are dedicated to interpreting pop classics, especially the most unknown. I'll take care of the keyboard.
However, he never acted or tell me where I was invited to go see them someday. Evasive or abruptly changed the subject.
- What you never thought of composing?
When asked this question, stared at the floor and smoothed her hair with her fingers.
"I would, but I realize I have no talent. Especially irritates me know I have good taste, that is, I like what is good, I know appreciate. But I have the secret to writing good songs. I think there's something magical about a song that manages to thrill. I have studied countless times the structure of the songs that I like, I tried to break them down, I have carefully studied the melody. But it is impossible, an unattainable goal for me.
One night I got to hear some songs he had recorded. Although the sound was more controlled than when rehearsing with the keyboard in her room was only occasionally couplings, "despite the inability of music and all the kits, I saw clearly the songs that Alejandro was shaping . Indeed, as he himself admitted, were mediocre compositions, without claw, trying to follow the melodic wake of Brian Wilson and remained in simple caricatures. But I would not be cruel:
"Well, not that bad.
Our relationship had improved, but that did not stop sometimes appear quite unpleasant facets of Alexander. Did not discriminate when to display these character traits. I mean, even for a couple of hours we had been talking in a friendly on the talent of Elvis Costello or underrated groups of the eighties, was able to offend me immediately with a resounding and judgmental view:
- Do you like Robert Musil ? Yes, it's okay if you do not have too much personality and believe everything that is told in the books of criticism.
These situations occurred when I started to appreciate him or when I had forgotten in other words the same style, but of days ago. I never liked to discuss, so when this occurred, interrupted the conversation, I got up off the couch and go to bed, promising myself not to give Alexander more confidence and limit the relationship to what is strictly necessary. I soon forgot my purposes when the next day, and perhaps moved by bad conscience, Alejandro disc left me "I sure would like it" or I intended to watch a movie at night, when he returned to test their group.
Anyway, I think I started to understand him from one night, two months after my entry into the floor. I went with some friends the option to have a drink. One of them spoke of a nightclub where there was action in the Gothic Quarter. That was our next destination. The bar was in a narrow alley and the smell of urine. When we entered, the action had begun. A fat man, bald, gray beard jokes without much grace to an audience rather laughed at him. And behind a keyboard, by sound effects and music that accompanied the end of all jokes, always punctuated with "Go home!" Or the whistling of the spectators, I discovered Alejandro Navas . He tried not to cross your eyes with me throughout the performance.
For a few days it seemed as if we had gone back to the beginning when we did not speak. But gradually I noticed an effort on their part to get back in touch with me, and then we were again talking all night. However, he never referred to that meeting, and I never asked. I realized that his personality was a complex mix of dissatisfaction and a desire thwarted talent. CONTINUE
0 comments:
Post a Comment