had lost sight of Alexander for a little over a month, and now I was strange to find in a state of mind that unusual in it. He rose from the sofa and walked to his room. Changed the music.
- How about in California?
"Good, I think is the best place in the world. He slept in a bungalow near the beach. You can not even imagine the beauty of that sea. I felt very inspired, I started writing many songs. I filled an entire book. And you know I did when I arrived here?
I sat on another couch, still confused.
-Me struggled and rented a studio for hours. I recorded a demo and I'm sure some company will buy me. They are the best twelve songs I've ever made.
I could not be more skeptical of his words. Until then, his talent had given me too much evidence of its limits. But I liked the song I was listening. The chorus, beautiful and energetic, flowing over a delicate string arrangements that thrilled with amazing accuracy. The rest of the song is molds perfectly to the climax, but with originality and balance. And there could be no better voice to sing, even though they had never heard in other contexts not be a set of chords sounds quaint or dull and coupled with a shoehorn.
- Are any version?
"Do not underestimate. Do you think a pop fanatic like you would not recognize a version of a song so good?
Throughout the night I heard several times their model, without leaving my amazement. Alejandro Navas had created a brilliant pop album. For forty minutes, the twelve songs were interwoven without giving rise to boredom or predictability. Each test was a special talent for building melodies. Indeed, they seemed to have been composed on the beach, in a special state of peace. Predominantly acoustic guitars, sometimes electric, but always in a very discreet level, and a bass and drums that were limited to dial the appropriate pace at the right time. The string arrangements were very subtle and embellished passages already vibrant.
never would have believed that Alexander was able to create that world of beauty. I congratulated him and expressed my surprise. A few days later, he proposed a record disc edition. Within a month the model was re-recorded with better means, but his spirit remained intact. In late September, Alejandro Navas it was a revelation for fans of the most exquisite pop, a promising successor to Brian Wilson. Finally
was living his dream. Came just as the floor, as concert promotions and kept him very busy. The critical acclaim was unanimous, and how much he could berate his "classicism", her fondness for classic pop, but always recognizing his extraordinary compositional skill. Sometimes ran into some of the interviews they had done following the success of his disk. And although it had become a brilliant musician, very little of what he said Alexander was much interest. With the exception of one of the phrases repeated most often:
"I have spent many years wondering about the secret great songs, studying, trying to find an explanation for the spark that generated. My songs are the result of that search. "
Just what I saw during that year. The few times I agree, I talked about how tired he was and the desire I had to re-compose.
"I'm very excited about my new project, but I have not written anything. Begin this summer. And in September I am obliged to deliver a disk. But I trust myself. Remember what happened to Brian Wilson Pet Sounds after recording?
We talked about it a thousand times. After the album Pet Sounds, famous perennial leader The Beach Boys set out to create the best pop album of all time, a "teenage symphony to God" in their own words. Not only did it, but his career went into a long decline and his mind was lost in the fog of insanity. Not recover until years later.
"Me not going to spend it. I assure you I will write the best pop album ever created. Alejandro
his enthusiasm. After such conversations, then wanted to hear his new material. His stunning debut was reasonable to expect something big on the second disk.
- How about in California?
"Good, I think is the best place in the world. He slept in a bungalow near the beach. You can not even imagine the beauty of that sea. I felt very inspired, I started writing many songs. I filled an entire book. And you know I did when I arrived here?
I sat on another couch, still confused.
-Me struggled and rented a studio for hours. I recorded a demo and I'm sure some company will buy me. They are the best twelve songs I've ever made.
I could not be more skeptical of his words. Until then, his talent had given me too much evidence of its limits. But I liked the song I was listening. The chorus, beautiful and energetic, flowing over a delicate string arrangements that thrilled with amazing accuracy. The rest of the song is molds perfectly to the climax, but with originality and balance. And there could be no better voice to sing, even though they had never heard in other contexts not be a set of chords sounds quaint or dull and coupled with a shoehorn.
- Are any version?
"Do not underestimate. Do you think a pop fanatic like you would not recognize a version of a song so good?
Throughout the night I heard several times their model, without leaving my amazement. Alejandro Navas had created a brilliant pop album. For forty minutes, the twelve songs were interwoven without giving rise to boredom or predictability. Each test was a special talent for building melodies. Indeed, they seemed to have been composed on the beach, in a special state of peace. Predominantly acoustic guitars, sometimes electric, but always in a very discreet level, and a bass and drums that were limited to dial the appropriate pace at the right time. The string arrangements were very subtle and embellished passages already vibrant.
never would have believed that Alexander was able to create that world of beauty. I congratulated him and expressed my surprise. A few days later, he proposed a record disc edition. Within a month the model was re-recorded with better means, but his spirit remained intact. In late September, Alejandro Navas it was a revelation for fans of the most exquisite pop, a promising successor to Brian Wilson. Finally
was living his dream. Came just as the floor, as concert promotions and kept him very busy. The critical acclaim was unanimous, and how much he could berate his "classicism", her fondness for classic pop, but always recognizing his extraordinary compositional skill. Sometimes ran into some of the interviews they had done following the success of his disk. And although it had become a brilliant musician, very little of what he said Alexander was much interest. With the exception of one of the phrases repeated most often:
"I have spent many years wondering about the secret great songs, studying, trying to find an explanation for the spark that generated. My songs are the result of that search. "
Just what I saw during that year. The few times I agree, I talked about how tired he was and the desire I had to re-compose.
"I'm very excited about my new project, but I have not written anything. Begin this summer. And in September I am obliged to deliver a disk. But I trust myself. Remember what happened to Brian Wilson Pet Sounds after recording?
We talked about it a thousand times. After the album Pet Sounds, famous perennial leader The Beach Boys set out to create the best pop album of all time, a "teenage symphony to God" in their own words. Not only did it, but his career went into a long decline and his mind was lost in the fog of insanity. Not recover until years later.
"Me not going to spend it. I assure you I will write the best pop album ever created. Alejandro
his enthusiasm. After such conversations, then wanted to hear his new material. His stunning debut was reasonable to expect something big on the second disk.
CONTINUE
0 comments:
Post a Comment