Sunday, March 15, 2009

Linsey Dawn Do Not Use

The thief of melodies (V)

I went back to Alexander with the bags one afternoon in early August, a year after his first march. Went back to California. Nowhere, as I said, you might be better to start writing. Needed to be isolated, away from interviews and concerts. Magazines and said his new work appear in September. And he had not written a single song.

Two months after the final change took place. Alexander did not appear. But it simply did not return to our apartment, where his presence and was quite casual, though still paying the bills. On the contrary, everyone disappeared. The news spread fast and led to much speculation. I kept reading the newspaper for further information on the case.

At the same time, almost inadvertently, I met a number of very disturbing news in the turmoil of those days.

"We decided to leave. We are not inspired and not leave things to us. You'd better each go his way. I have not achieve anything good. "

The phrase is taken from an interview where the California group Gigolo Aunts, so unexpected, and year after the publication of a great album - Pacific Ocean Blues - perfect songs full of beauty and melancholy, announced their separation. The news caught by surprise to those that saw a group that would be far reaching in the years ahead.

"I'm too old. Sometimes I can not understand how I could create all these songs. It seems as if they were foreign to me, since I'm writing mode like. I prefer to be honest, so I will not write more. "

This statement was accompanied by a photograph of Burt Bacharach, looking pensive and bitter white under his bangs. One of the greatest architects of carats and pop tunes full of emotion Perfect declared out of play after so many years. His work remained, but the audience was definitely helpless.

And finally:

"I'm lost. I do not know who I was. I think I managed to find the secret, and that's fine, I have very good songs. I've come far. Now I need to focus and forget everything. I enjoyed the pop and have ennobled me as possible. I used to think that the songs were a way of talking to God. Better give it up when you are unable to communicate anything. "

I heard on TV In an interview in which Brian Wilson appeared with an amused expression that characterized him since he had begun to leave their mental mazes. He said these words casually, almost irresponsible. I imagined the effect this statement would have had on Alejandro Navas, and then I realized he was gone for music. She was a victim of the virus that relentlessly besieged pop.

My confusion was maintained long enough for me to prove impossible to find an explanation beyond the casualties. I felt like the worshiper of a god whose worship was disappearing and whose followers were killed and were extinction.

Police made several visits me, but I could not help anything. Knew Alejandro's second trip to California and, moreover, satisfied that he had returned and had rented an apartment, also at the center of the city.

Shortly thereafter I received a letter. The envelope was too small for content hosting: several sheets folded to maximum compression and the unmistakable hastily written letter of Alexander. When I finished reading it, I thought that perhaps should have said the officers my doubts about the mental health of my partner. CONTINUE

0 comments:

Post a Comment